Before starting on a new medication, be sure to ask your doctors these questions:
- How many times a day should I take it? At what time(s)? If the bottle says take “4 times a day,” does that mean 4 times in 24 hours or 4 times during the daytime?
- Should I take the medicine with food or not? Is there anything I should not eat or drink when taking this medicine?
- Will this medicine cause problems if I am taking other medicines?
- What does “as needed” mean?
- When should I stop taking the medicine?
- If I forget to take my medicine, what should I do?
- What side effects can I expect? What should I do if I have a problem?
Learn more about medication safety.
And you can learn more by coming to this special FREE event on June 14!