Each week the Office of the Secretary of Pennsylvania’s Department of Aging releases a Friday newsletter with information relevant to activities, issues and events for older Pennsylvanians and persons with disabilities across the Commonwealth.
In this week’s newsletter, the Secretary tells readers about the Administration for Community Living’s (ACL) roles and responsibilities.
The Pennsylvania Link to Aging and Disability Resources is an Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) — ADRCs exist across the country seek to address the frustrations many older adults, people with disabilities, and family members experience when trying to learn about and access long-term services and supports.
The ACL’s five pillars are:
- Supporting families and caregivers
- Protecting rights and preventing abuse
- Connecting people to resources
- Expanding employment opportunities
- Strengthening the aging and disability networks