Compeer of Lebanon County, a 501c3 non-profit agency serving residents of Lebanon County who live with mental illness, is searching for a passionate, energetic, self-driven, and articulate person for the position of Program Manager. This position is a 37.5 hour per week full-time position. Benefits include mileage reimbursement, paid sick leave and a liberal personal leave policy.
Interested applicants should have the following solid skills:
- Passion for working with those living with mental illness
- Recruitment of volunteers to carry out the agency’s mission
- Energy and charisma used for alerting community stakeholders to our mission
- Education and experience working in human services fields
- Ability to serve as an emphatic advocate for the mission of Compeer, and for the greater advancement of mental health awareness and wellness within our communities
- Ability to educate those who want to know more about our mission and the challenge for those living with mental illness
- Familiarity with military culture, mental health issues commonly experienced by veterans, and display confidence and professionalism while speaking about these topics
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the agency and its mission beyond the normal workday
- The highest ethical standards
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivation and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
Main duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, interview, train and monitor volunteers
- Handle clerical duties including maintaining office supply inventory, accepting telephone calls, greeting visitors, maintaining and updating records and databases for all programs
- Monitor volunteer/friend caseload and maintain program liaison between referral sources, volunteers and their friends
- Attend outreach events as needed, share volunteer flyers and update community bulletin boards
- Collaborate with local VFW/American Legions/other veteran service organizations
- Create and distribute the “Friend-to-Friend” newsletter, enhance internal and external communication and maintain social media accounts
- Assist Executive Director in researching, writing, and submitting grants
- Maintain cleanliness of the Compeer office
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 18 credits in education, sociology, human services, social work, or psychology required. Previous experience as a volunteer and/or coordinator of volunteers and/or one year of human service experience may be substituted for college credits. An Associate Degree or B.A./B.S. in social work, human services, or psychology is preferred.
- Applicant is strongly preferred to be a veteran and have an in depth understanding of military culture.
- Knowledge of mental health delivery systems in the community is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills in word processing, creating spreadsheets, Internet/E-mail/Social media.
Full-time; 37.5 hours per week; Monday through Friday with some evenings and weekends required
If you’d like to be a part of Compeer, please email your resume, including references, along with a letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Compeer is an equal opportunity employer.