Community HealthChoices (CHC) is coming in January 2020.
The counties included in the third and final phase of the program’s implementation are:
- Lehigh/Capital Zone: Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Fulton, Franklin, Huntingdon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Northampton, Perry, York.
- Northeast Zone: Bradford, Carbon, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Schuykill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne, Wyoming.
- Northwest Zone: Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, Warren.
What you need to know:
CHC information for providers or participants can be found at www.healthchoices.pa.gov. The website will be updated as events are scheduled, so please check back often.
Click here to take our online trainings and read CHC fact sheets.
Access a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about CHC by clicking here.
Contact a CHC managed care organization (CHC-MCO) to become part of their provider network:
AmeriHealth Caritas | Phone: 1-800-521-6007 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennsylvania Health & Wellness | Phone: 1-844-626-6813 email: email@example.com
UPMC Community HealthChoices | Phone: 1-844-860-9303 email: CHCProviders@UPMC.edu
Sign up and encourage your peers to subscribe to CHC emails here. By signing up, you will receive regular communications regarding CHC distributed from the Office of Long-Term Living.
Here’s a schedule of what’s coming in 2019
Late Spring/Early Summer 2019
Save the date for our upcoming provider summits in the Northeast, Northwest, and Lehigh/Capital zones. These summits are educational conferences specifically for providers to learn more about CHC. More information regarding times and locations coming soon!
Monday, May 13: Harrisburg Area Community College
Tuesday, May 14: Shippensburg University
Wednesday, May 15: Kutztown University
Thursday, May 16 (Transportation Session Only): Kutztown University
Monday, May 20: Edinboro University
Tuesday, May 21: Lock Haven University
Wednesday, May 22: University of Pittsburgh-Bradford
Thursday, May 23 (Transportation Session Only): University of Pittsburgh-Bradford
Tuesday, June 4: East Stroudsburg University
Wednesday, June 5: University of Scranton
Thursday, June 6: Bloomsburg University
Friday, June 7 (Transportation Session Only): Bloomsburg University
An introductory flyer will be sent to participants identified within the CHC population. View the flyer by clicking here.
- Notices and enrollment packets will be mailed to participants.
- Information on the LIFE program will be sent to potentially eligible participants.
- Informational sessions will be held for participants to learn about CHC and how to select a CHC-MCO.