The monthly community partners’ and cross-training meetings for 2015 are listed below; click on the date to see the meeting announcement. Each cross-training event begins with a brief collaborative partners business meeting at 1:00 followed by the scheduled training and information-sharing presentation. This is your opportunity to learn about the workings, roles and services of these organizations.
If you want to host a meeting; present a cross-training program or suggest a separate topic, sent an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Dates and cross-training sessions – Click on the date (link) to see the program information for each month’s meeting.
- Thursday, January 15 – IM ABLE Foundation – The meeting will be held at Garden Spot Village in the Garden Spot Village chapel. Garden Spot Village is located at 433 South Kinzer Avenue, New Holland, PA.
- Thursday, February 19 – DOUBLE FEATURE CROSS-TRAINING: The Arc of Lancaster County and Willow Valley Communities – The meeting will be held at Willow Valley Communities. Click here to download a .pdf file of Maureen Westcott’s presentation, Events in Disability History.
- Thursday, March 19 – DOUBLE FEATURE CROSS-TRAINING: Lancaster County Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster – VOAD and United Way of Lancaster County (collaborative impact model) – The meeting will be held at the Lancaster County Fireman’s Association, 632 East Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
- Thursday, April 16 – National Multiple Sclerosis Society Central PA Chapter. The meeting will be held at Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mount Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
- Thursday, May 21 – DOUBLE FEATURE CROSS-TRAINING: Haven Behavioral Hospital of Eastern Pennsylvania and CHART – The Community Homeless Assessment and Referral Team – The meeting will be held at Juniper Village at Mount Joy, 607 Hearthstone Lane, Mount Joy, PA 17552. Dana Robertson’s C.H.A.R.T. presentation. Matt Blank’s “pecha kucha” presentation.
- Thursday, June 18 – DOUBLE FEATURE CROSS-TRAINING: United Cerebral Palsy of Central Pennsylvania and Wayne Mutata, dynamic personal trainer: “Telecommunications Device Distribution Program, which provides phones for people who are blind, deaf, have low vision or hearing loss.” And exercise programs and low stress activities – that will help you and the people you help gain physical conditioning and satisfaction. This meeting will be held in the Blair Room at United Way, 630 Janet Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17601.
- Thursday, July 16 – RSVP of the Capital Region, Inc.: Margie Groy, RSVP Development Coordinator for Lancaster-Lebanon Counties and a special presentation and tour of the stunning Manheim Township Public Library facilitated by Katrina Anderson, Executive Director. This meeting will be held at the Manheim Township Public Library, 595 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster. PA 17601.
- Thursday, August 20 – Webb Medical Systems and Excentia. This meeting will be held at Excentia, 617-C North Prince Street, Lancaster PA.
- Thursday, September 17 – DOUBLE-FEATURE CROSS-TRAINING: Mental Health America – Lancaster County. Sara Mohler is one of the cross-training presenters; Lindy and Philip Malin are another. The meeting will be held at the Long Community at Highland, 600 East Roseville Road, Lancaster, PA.
- Thursday, October 15 – Tabor Community Services and a Conversation explaining Medicare Options with Humana®’s Laurie Reichert. The meeting location will be at Tabor Community Services, 308 East King Street, Lancaster, PA.
- Thursday, November 19 – Senior Helpers. The meeting location will be at Elderwood Senior Living of Lancaster, 120 Rider Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603.
- Thursday, December 17 – Two cross-training presentations – All about “social media” and All about APPRISE. The meeting will be held at the Long Community at Highland, 600 East Roseville Road, Lancaster, PA.