The monthly community partners’ and cross-training meetings for 2019 are listed below; click on the date to see the meeting announcement. Each cross-training event begins with a brief partners business meeting at 1:00 followed by the scheduled cross-training presentation and partner information-sharing. This is your opportunity to learn about the workings, roles and services of these organizations.
If you want to host a meeting; present a cross-training program or suggest a separate topic, sent an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Dates and cross-training sessions – Click on the date (link) to see the program information for each month’s meeting.
- January 17, 2019 – The Pennsylvania Council on Aging, Faith Haeussler; Aging Well PA, Rebecca May-Cole and Landis Communities, Larry Guengrich. | The meeting will be held at Landis Communities, 1001 East Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543
- February 21, 2019 – “Elder Planning – Pre-planning vs Crisis planning”, Shawn Pierson, Estate and Elder Law Firm and an “Incredible Journey” you won’t want to miss. | The meeting will be held at Lancashire Terrace Retirement Village, 6 Terrace Dr, Lancaster, PA 17601.
- March 21, 2019 – Jewish Family Services, Jill Weisberg and Goodwill – Keystone Area, Susan Soderberg | Venue, To be determined.
- April 18, 2019 – Bellomo & Associates, Inc., Michelle Poole and The Village Concept/Lancaster Downtowners, Melissa Ressler | Venue, To be determined.
- May 16, 2019 – Easterseals Western and Central PA and The Lancaster County Office of Aging, Lon Wible | This meeting will be held at the Lancaster County Public Safety Training Center, 101 Champ Boulevard, Manheim, PA 17545 – easily accessible from Route 283 west just off the Salunga exit.
- June 20, 2019 – Arch Street Center [a place to belong] and REAL Life Community Services | Venue, To be determined.
- July 18, 2019 – Faith Friendship Ministries, Gwen Didden and Guardianship 101, Tina Hess | This meeting will be held at Juniper Village at Mount Joy, 607 Hearthstone Lane, Mount Joy, PA 17552.
- August 15, 2019 – Occupational Development Center and Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership (LHOP). This meeting will be held at LHOP, 123 East King Street, Lancaster, PA.
- September 19, 2019 – Disability Empowerment Center | This meeting will be held at The Long Community at Highland, 600 East Roseville, Lancaster, PA 17601.
- October 17, 2019 – Making The Move LLC, Margie Groy and Meals on Wheels of Lancaster, Inc., Kevin Ressler | Venue, To be determined.
- November 21, 2019 – Kathleen Cesario, Clear Captions and Melissa Hawkins, Pennsylvania’s Office for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing| Venue, To be determined.
- December 19, 2019 – Charles F. Snyder Funeral Homes and Crematory: Green burials and eco-friendly funeral services and Animal cremation services and pet funerals | This meeting will be held at the Charles F. Snyder Downtown Lancaster site, 414 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602. There’s ample FREE parking, too.