Join us and register TODAY for upcoming webinars and explore topics in-depth with Peer Specialist leaders and subject matter experts.
Webinars are always free but pre-registration is required.
- Peer Support Works – The Paper Proof | Tuesday, February 23rd – 2:00 pm
- A Decade of Peer Culture, Support and Leadership in Philadelphia | Tuesday, March 29th – 2:00 pm
- Did you miss the first webinar on January 26? No worries you can tune into the recorded session: Introducing Doors to Wellbeing
Free leadership development training for families of students receiving special education services in Pennsylvania — home schooled or in cyber charter, charter, private or parochial schools.
- Igniting Inclusion—Adaptations, Modifications and Supports for Success | Tuesday, March 8 – 7:00 pm. How to include any child by:
- structuring the environment
- changing curriculum based on needs
- preparing for behavioral concerns
- applying these concepts to varied settings
- partnering with schools for success
PRESENTER: Lisa Wallace-Larkin is the parent of a child with a disability, has been an educator in both public and charter schools and an Inclusion Consultant for the ARC of PA. She works as the Inclusion Specialist with the Arc of Philadelphia, is a parent consultant for Pennsylvania’s Education for all Coalition (PEAC,) and a member of the Philadelphia Right to Education Task Force.
- Breaking the Cycle of Chaos—The Power of Positive Parental Coaching | Tuesday, April 5 – 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Learn:
- the ABCs of behavior
- How to implement behavior strategies that work
- how to prevent problem behaviors before they occur
- how to change your behavior to change your child’s behavior
- to apply these concepts across all settings
PRESENTER: Becky Millspaugh is an educator and parent who embraces the vision of positive behavior supports. She has over 10 years experience supporting students and families in Pennsylvania as part of the State’s Coordination Team and through various school districts in the area of Positive Behavior Support.