Saturday, May 21, 2016 from 9 AM to NOON
HACC Lancaster Campus – East Building
1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
Many people face different challenges in Lancaster County, and it’s just a matter of finding the right assistance to help us through them. The Let’s Talk Lancaster Expo will feature exhibitors and breakout sessions to spotlight the local services and organizations that support your mental well-being. Stop by and learn more about changing the conversation about mental health. It’s free to attend. Click here to register.
Visit our exhibit hall or learn about these topics in our breakout sessions:
- Finding Friendship with Compeer: The Compeer Lancaster program exists to match people with a diagnosed mental illness with a volunteer as friends. Friendship is a crucial element in protecting our mental health.
- Mental Health Wellness Academy: Mental Health America of Lancaster County created the Wellness Academy to provide an array of information, skills, and tools to be used in one’s own mental health journey.
- Assistance in Your Workplace: Learn how an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can help you and your family members access services that help with work stress, family relationships, and other challenges.
- Stories about Recovery: Speakers will give their personal accounts of mental health and recovery from different perspectives.
- What’s the Difference Between SSI and SSDI?Explore the differences between Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Income.
- Navigating the Healthcare System: Get a better understanding of the HealthChoices program with a focus on behavioral health services and PerformCare.
- Understanding a Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP): WRAP is a prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well and make their life the way they want it to be.
- Learning to “LEAP”, Transforming Difficult Conversations: LEAP (Listen, Empathize, Agree, and Partner), pioneered by Dr. Xavier Amador, provides a tool that will help you manage the challenges of addressing the needs of persons in your life who live with mental illness.
Our goal at Let’s Talk Lancaster is to change the conversation about mental health and to connect the community with local programs that are here to help. We hope you will come to the Let’s Talk Lancaster Expo to join in on the conversation, so that we can remove the stigma surrounding mental health once and for all.