“Housing is critical to a person’s health and well-being. DHS believes that too many Pennsylvanians who have extremely low incomes are rent-burdened, too many people experience homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, and too many people who live in institutions could live in the community with assistance.
“The housing program will approach housing challenges in Pennsylvania by:
- Removing barriers unique to each person
- Connecting people with housing opportunities
- Expanding affordable housing in PA
- Partnering with local agencies
- Utilizing data to measure progress
- Pooling resources and sharing ideas”