Winter and extreme cold often lead to carbon monoxide poisoning

During winter’s extreme cold, news as this “Four people, including an 8-month-old baby, were about a hour away from death when they were rescued from a Lancaster city home filled with carbon monoxide early Saturday, a fire official said,” is too often seen or heard.

Carbon monoxide (CO) exposures and poisonings occur more often during the fall and winter, when people are more likely to use gas furnaces and heaters, says a recently released report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”

 

carbon-monoxide-poisoning_52cfdb52588de_w1500GRAPHIC SOURCE: Ragan’s Health Care Communication News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: