The Crip Camp Impact Campaign is proud to announce Crip Camp: The Official Virtual Experience! In these unprecedented times, there is no one better to think outside of the box and deliver community building right to your home. We are inviting all grassroots activists and advocates to join us this summer for a virtual camp experience featuring trailblazing speakers from the disability community. All are welcome, you do not need any activism experience to participate.
Please note all times on the Zoom link will appear in your local timezone. Online workshops will occur via Zoom and are ASL interpreted with Deaf Interpreters plus captioning. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. We encourage you to attend all, or as many sessions as possible. We will send Crip Camp 2020 swag materials to everyone who attends 14 out of 16 sessions.
When: Every Sunday at 5 pm EST from now to August 30th for one and a half hours each.
- May 24: Shedding Shame & Embracing Wholeness: Why We Must Address Internalized Ableism
- May 31: Disability, Race, Class, & Gender: Intersectionality
- June 7: All the Feels: Incorporating Trauma-Informed Care Strategies into our Work
- June 14: We Have ALWAYS Resisted: The History of Disabled Black Activism
- June 21: Our Worth, Our Humanity: Disability Justice as a Spiritual Practice
- June 28: Let’s Talk about Sex: Our Bodies, Our Lives & Reproductive Justice
- July 5: The Personality Behind the Work: Finding Your Social Media Voice
- July 12 : Hashtag Activism: Organizing Online for Your Community
- July 19 : I F&*#ed Up: What I Learned from It and How I Apologize
- July 26 : ADA 30 Celebration
- August 2: Education for the People: Best Practices in Facilitation
- August 9: Art Activism: Visual & Performing Arts as Vehicles for Change
- August 16: Working All the Angles: Civic Engagement and More
- August 23: Getting Paid Without Selling Out: How to Finance Your Work
- August 30: Building Across Movements: Disability as Social Justice Issue
Register in advance for these webinars: Click here.